Welcome to my St. Petersburg College website. At the outset, I thank you for visiting the website and take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Lakshminarayan Rajaram.
My graduate education is in both theoretical and applied mathematics. My Ph.D. degree is in mathematics with concentration being applied statistics. I truly enjoy teaching, and hope to continue teaching for many, many years to come.
Before coming to St. Petersburg College in January 2000, I worked as a biostatistician in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the Johns Hopkins University Medical School, Clinical Research Division of a pharmaceutical company, TheraTech Inc., and the Institute of Aging at the University of South Florida.
As of January 2016, I started my 17th year of teaching at the St. Petersburg College.
My experience includes teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in statistics and mathematics, mathematical modeling, pharmacokinetics and bioequivalence, and statistical evaluation of the clinical data from multi-center clinical trials.
CURRENT ACADEMIC POSITIONS
In addition to being a Professor of Mathematics in St. Petersburg College, I hold the following faculty positions:
1. Affiliate Professor of Biostatistics in the Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of South Florida.
2. Courtesy Assistant Professor in the Department of Global Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida.
3. Courtesy Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Florida.
4. Associate Affiliate, School of Education, Colorado State University.
Ph.D. Committee Member
I also serve as a member of the Ph.D. committee of students at the University of South Florida and Colorado State University.
During my time off from St. Petersburg College, I travel and present workshops, presentions and lectures in conferences as well as short courses in Argentina, Canada, China, Ecuador, India, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, USA and West Africa in such diverse areas as:
1. Clinical research which includes clinical biostatistics and the design of the clinical databases
2. Research methodologies in biomedicine and medical infomatics
3. Computer applications for public health researchers using a statistical analysis software (SAS)
4. Principles of statistics and mathematics in pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and bioequivalence
5. Categorical Data Analysis, Mixed-Models, Logistic Regression, Multivariate Analysis, Clinical Epidemiology and Survival Analysis
From October 2014 – May 2015, I was on sabbatical from St. Petersburg College. During this time, I was a PROMETEO Scholar & Faculty of Medical Sciences, Central University of Ecuador. I received a grant from the Secretariat of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of Ecuador (SENESCYT) to develop and teach a “Multidisciplinary 5-Course Program in Clinical Research, Biostatistics and Computing Using the Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) with Applications in Biomedical Research” to the Faculty of Medical Sciences at the UCE.
As a clinical biostatistician, I do collaborative research with scientific researchers and physicians in various therapeutic areas, leading to research publications in such journals as Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, Journal of Stochastic Analysis and Applications, Journal of Neurology, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, and Journal of Urology.
1. The Association of Professors of the Faculty of Medical Sciences of the Central University of Ecuador, Ecuador (honorary)
2. Global Advisory Board: The Journal of Emergencies, Trauma, Shock, Synergizing Basic Science, Clinical Medicine & Global Health
3. Global Citizen Safety & Security Committee of International Federation for Medical & Biological Engineering (IFMBE). 2013 - 2015
4. Reviewer: IEEE - Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
|Summer Term 2016 0515|
|STA 2023 Elementary Statistics||0974||TS||Online||5/16/16||7/22/16|
|Spring Term 2016 0510|
|MAC 2233 Applied Calculus I||0420||TS||Face-to-Face||1/11/16||5/06/16|
|MAC 2233 Applied Calculus I||0713||TS||Face-to-Face||1/11/16||5/06/16|
|STA 2023 Elementary Statistics||1428||TS||Online||1/11/16||5/06/16|
|MAT 1033 Intermediate Algebra||1954||TS||Face-to-Face||1/11/16||5/06/16|
|STA 2023 Elementary Statistics||1955||TS||Face-to-Face||1/11/16||5/06/16|
|STA 2023 Elementary Statistics||1956||TS||Online||1/11/16||5/06/16|
|MAC 1105 College Algebra||2969||TS||Online||1/11/16||5/06/16|