Jeanette Siladie, Faculty in Charge, (727) 341-3799
Rebecca Ludwig, Dean, 727-341-4150
SPC's Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Dental Hygiene is the first and only bachelor's degree program in dental hygiene in Florida and is one of the largest degree completion programs in the nation. This online program can help licensed dental hygienists improve their career opportunities in management, education or sales.
This degree completion program is for licensed dental hygienists who want to progress from their associate to bachelor's degree.
- Offered completely online program - no campus or residency requirements
- Discussion boards foster professional camaraderie
- Courses are offered one at a time for six to eight weeks
- Students are accepted during the fall and spring and progress through the program together in a cohort
- A capstone course, which lasts 14 weeks, integrates career interests through teaching, interning or observing.
The Academic Pathway is a tool for students that lists the following items:
o the recommended order in which to take the program courses
o suggested course when more than one option exists
o which semester each course is typically offered
o if the course has a prerequisite
o courses that may lead to a certificate (if offered in the program)
If you are starting the program this term, click here to access the recommended Academic Pathway.
If you have already started the program, click here for the archived Academic Pathways.
Please verify the Academic Pathway lists your correct starting semester.
Job Related Opportunities
The requirements shown below are valid beginning Spring 2015 (495), and may not reflect degree requirements for current students. Current students should visit My SPC and view My Learning Plan to see specific degree requirements for their effective term.
To be admitted to the B.A.S. in Dental Hygiene program, a student must have:
- Officials transcripts showing completion of a dental hygiene degree of at least 60
credits from an institution accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
(CODA), such as SPC's
- Current dental hygiene license
- At least 15 hours of transferable general education courses with at least a 2.0
Due to state authorization requirements for distance learning that are particular to each state, students who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada and North Carolina can no longer be enrolled in online classes at St. Petersburg College as long as they are residents of those states. If you have questions regarding this new policy, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not completed two consecutive years of the same foreign language in high school or 8 credits in college, you will need to complete 8 credits of foreign language before completing the B.A.S. program.
Lower Division Dental Hygiene
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
MAJOR CORE COURSES
Major Requirements (Complete 34 credits)
MAJOR ELECTIVE COURSES
Elective Courses (Select 6 credits)
* Visit www.spcollege.edu/program/GENR-AA for details